Ohio Wesleyan University is providing scholarship opportunities to individuals who are interested in studying a degree program at the Institution.
Ohio Wesleyan offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to international students.
No additional application is required for the merit-based scholarships as all applicants for admission are automatically considered. However, if you wish to apply for need-based financial aid, please complete the ISFAA (International Student Financial Aid Application).
About Ohio Wesleyan University (OWU)
Ohio Wesleyan’s goal is to provide every student with transformational experiences that will prepare them for the causes, careers, and graduate school opportunities they want to pursue. We do that through close relationships with faculty-mentors—and through a unique academic program called The OWU Connection. OWU is one of the most comprehensive liberal arts schools in the country. It is one of only 45 schools featured in Colleges That Change Lives and is ranked in the top 100 national liberal arts colleges by U.S. News & World Report. OWU’s...&nb... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Ohio Wesleyan University scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
OWU International Scholarships
Aim and Benefits of OWU International Scholarships
Scholarship awards varies
Requirements for OWU International Scholarships Qualification
English Language Proficiency: We require all international students verify their English proficiency. Please see the various English Proficiency options. The University reserves the right to require additional English language instruction, if needed, upon arrival.
- Ohio Wesleyan International Baccalaureate Scholarship is awarded to international students who have shown a strong performance in the IB curriculum. Preference will be given to full diploma students, but those with IB certificates only will also be considered. Our suggested minimum in the IB is 30 points.
- Ohio Wesleyan Cambridge A Levels Scholarship is awarded to international students who have shown a strong performance in the Cambridge A Levels curriculum. Preference will be given to students taking the full A Levels program with exams, but those with Cambridge A Levels individual courses only will also be considered. Our suggested minimum in the A Levels are marks of C and B.
- Ohio Wesleyan International Methodist Scholarship is awarded to admitted international students who either come from a Methodist background or who have attended a Methodist secondary school or college prior to coming to OWU.
- Ohio Wesleyan Bashford International Scholarship serves as a general international scholarship to admitted international students who don’t qualify for our other three more specific international scholarships listed above.
- Rutherford B. Hayes Scholarship for citizens of Paraguay. Ohio Wesleyan University will award one full tuition scholarship and up to five $40,000 scholarships to five admitted Paraguayan students who meet at least a B average (3.0/5.0 Paraguay curriculum or 3.0/4.0 US curriculum). Students must also meet the minimum TOEFL requirement of 79 (6.5 for IELTS).
Application DeadlineNovember 15, 2021
How to Apply
- Submit the Common Application or the OWU Online Application. There is NO application fee.
- One Essay should be submitted with the Common Application or our OWU Online Application.. You can choose the topic.
- English Language Proficiency: We require all international students verify their English proficiency. Please see the various English Proficiency options. The University reserves the right to require additional English language instruction, if needed, upon arrival.
- SAT Scores/ACT Scores are OPTIONAL for all students. You will not be placed at a disadvantage if you are unable to submit standardized testing. If you do wish to submit your testing, we would be pleased to consider your scores (SAT code 1594, ACT code 3316). You may self-report scores but we will require official ones at the enrollment stage. SAT/ACT scores are NOT required for Transfer Students.
- Academic Records can be submitted through the Common Application website by the school or by email if sent directly from the school under their official email address. The official records should include each subject you study and the academic grade/mark or other evidence that you completed the course satisfactorily. Your record should contain an explanation of the grading system. They should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation.
- One letter of recommendation is needed from a teacher, coach, or principal who is familiar with your recent academic performance. Submit via the Common Application website Alternatively, you may send by email to [email protected].
- Certification of Finances OR the International Student Financial Aid Application is required (see below).
- Interviews: although interviews are not required for students, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you better through a personal interview - a conversation with a counselor. OWU offers several options for interviews:
- InitialView Interview
- Duolingo English Test with interview
- Vericant for Chinese applicants only
- Virtual Interview with an Ohio Wesleyan Representative - offered after an application has been submitted.
For more details, visit OWU websiteNeed-Based Aid scholarship by