The annual scholarship programme for foreign citizens offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, based on Government Decision no. 288/1993 call for application 2024-2025 are now open
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the Good score, as the case, are eligible.
About Romanian Government
Romania Government Scholarship is offered by the Romanian State to Foreign Citizens through the MFA. Scholarship in Romania is for Undergraduate Degree, Master’s Degree & Doctoral Degrees Holer. Applicants who are not from the European Union can apply for this Fully Funded Scholarship. Ministry of Foreign Affair will pay you a monthly stipend as well. No Application Fee to apply for this Romania Scholarship Program. Applicants having Any Academic Background can apply for Bachelor’s, Graduate & Ph.D. Scholarship in Romania Country. Undergradu...... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Romanian scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Romanian MFA Masters Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Romanian MFA Masters Scholarship
The scholarship obtained, including the preparatory year where applicable, consists of:
- Financing tuition fees;
- Financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places, scholarship holders having the obligation to contact the host university to find out the accommodation conditions);
- Granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the preparatory year students; the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 75 EURO, for master students,
Requirements for Romanian MFA Masters Scholarship Qualification
Scholarships for studies in accredited higher education institutions in Romania are awarded through a competition of files based on the regulations in force, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education (ME).
To whom is it addressed?
Foreign citizens from all non-EU countries, with the following exceptions:
- Citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes);
- Citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- Stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- Members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- Members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- Staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- Beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- Submit a complete file;
- Present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- Comply with the enrolment deadline;
- Have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the "Good" score, as the case;
- Comply with the application submission methodology.
Please note that scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of MEDICINE, DENTAL MEDICINE and PHARMACY.
What level of study does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship applicant can choose from any of the following three study cycles in accredited higher education institutions in Romania:
- Master’s degree: master’s degree programmes are addressed to undergraduates, run for a period of 1 year, 1.5 years or 2 years and end with the dissertation exam;
What is the language of study?
In order to promote the Romanian language and culture, the beneficiaries of the scholarships granted by the Romanian state for undergraduate and master`s studies study only in Romanian.
The following categories of persons are exempted from enrolling in the Romanian language preparatory year:
- Those who present Romanian study documents (diplomas or certificates) or study documents, school records attesting at least four consecutive years of studies attended in Romanian in an educational unit/institution from the Romanian national system;
- Those who, in order to enrol in university education, pass the Romanian language test, organized according to the regulations in force;
- Those who, in order to enrol in university education, present a certificate of linguistic competence in Romanian, minimum level B1, issued according to the regulations in force.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Romanian MFA Masters Scholarship
The results of the scholarship selection process will be announced by e-mail, around 15 July 2024 to every candidate who applied for a scholarship.
Documents Required for Application
Each candidate will create an account on the Study in Romania platform, will fill in the requested data and upload the following documents:
- Copies of the diplomas obtained (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent, plus bachelor's, master's, doctorate degree, if applicable) and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copies of transcripts of the completed studies and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the birth certificate (or equivalent document) and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the first three pages of the passport or of the national document of identity and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae in English or French.
- For the doctoral cycle, the candidate needs to submit a letter of intent containing the list of scientific works, specialized publications, the detailed description of the proposed research project, as well as the agreement of a tutor, which must be a member of the chosen doctoral school. Both documents must be written in English, French or Romanian.
The application will also include the following documents (only for candidates who belong to the specific category mentioned for each document):
- Copy of the proof of name change (if applicable) and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate proving the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor's or master's exam, as the case may be, for graduates who do not hold yet the diploma and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate proving that the person in the final year of studies is to take the graduation exam at the end of the school/university year and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the transcript attesting the academic record of the person in the final year of studies, until the moment of submitting the application file, and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate of completion of the Romanian language preparatory year or the certificate of linguistic competence, if applicable.
- Copy of the notarized declaration of parental consent in the case of candidates who have not reached the age of 18 by the date of commencement of the courses and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
The documents must be scanned individually, after the original, in .pdf format.
For the candidate’s registration to be valid, he must express his consent to the agreement for the processing of personal data by signing the GDPR declaration.
Application DeadlineMarch 16, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Romanian Government on scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro
The scholarship application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform.
Candidates can access the platform at https://studyinromania.gov.ro, via the Apply for MFA scholarships button, or directly at https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro. The platform can be accessed both in English and French.
REJECTED: Applications submitted directly by the applicants to the registry offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education, or to the e-mail addresses of the MFA employees / departments of the MFA Headquarters, or to the Romanian diplomatic missions or the foreign diplomatic missions accredited in Bucharest, will not be taken into consideration.
For more details visit: Romanian MFA website.PhD scholarship by