Enrolment for the 2021/2022 IBM Masters Fellowship Awards and IBM PhD Fellowship Awards are currently ongoing. Domestic and international students are invited to apply to participate in the historical notable fellowship program.
The award programs are designed to support a spectrum of university needs: The highly competitive IBM PhD Fellowship Awards provide funding for PhD students in the final years of their PhD program, the IBM Masters Fellowship Awards provide funding for Masters students, while the IBM Academic Awards program provides support ranging from individual faculty to broader areas of emerging science and technology that contain significant interest to the university and IBM.
About IBM University
At IBM, work is more than a job — it’s a calling IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. For that reason, we manage the brand to be highly esteemed and valued by forward-thinking clients, employees, communities, investors and the general public worldwide. IBMers believe in progress — that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition... read more
... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new IBM scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
IBM PhD Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of IBM PhD Scholarship
- The 2021 two-year IBM PhD Fellowships are awarded worldwide.
- US country awards: $60,000 in award year one; $35,000 in award year two
Other country awards: vary between $6,000-$25,000 each award year depending on country
- All IBM PhD Fellowship awardees will be mentored by an IBMer in order to collaborate on a research or technology project for the duration of the award period and are strongly encouraged to do an internship during the first or second year of their award.
Requirements for IBM PhD Scholarship Qualification
- Students must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member and must be a full-time student in a PhD program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit their fellowship.
- Students should have three years remaining in their graduate program at the time of nomination. For example, nominees that are enrolled in a four year graduate program should have completed two years of their graduate program as of summer 2021 in order to benefit the most.
- Students from US embargoed countries are not eligible for the program.
- Award recipients will be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence, the degree to which their technical interests align with those of IBM, and their academic progress to – date, as evidenced by publications and endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
Application DeadlineSeptember 24, 2021
How to Apply
- Applications for the IBM Global university programs are by nomination. Nominations for the 2021 IBM Masters and PhD Fellowship Awards program will be accepted until September 24, 2021. Nomination deadline for PhD not specified.
- Notification of the results will take place in December 2021
Nominate your Masters student for an IBM Masters Fellowship Award
Nominate your PhD student for an IBM PhD Fellowship Award
Students who want to be nominated can make the information available to their professors and supervisors.
For further information, see frequently asked questions or contact [email protected].
For more details, visit IBM website.Masters scholarship by