The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. The Fund hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerians to apply for the 2021/22 Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships for students in Nigerian Federal Universities.
About Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
PTDF was created with the commitment focused on development, promotion and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower development through research and training of Nigerians as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the fields of engineering, geology, geosciences, management, economics and relevant fields in the petroleum and solid minerals industry in Nigeria or abroad. The overseas scholarship scheme part of PTDF is an annual programme for MSc and PhD studies. It is aimed at providing Nigerian students with the intellectual foundation and skill-sets that will enable .... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Petroleum Technology Development Fund scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
PTDF PhD Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of PTDF PhD Scholarship
Scholarship is fully funded.
Requirements for PTDF PhD Scholarship Qualification
- Applicants must possess full time admission letter into any of the Federal Universities.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field or a 2.2 in their first degree with a minimum working experience of 2 years in the oil and gas industry
- A minimum of merit in a second-degree certificate in an oil and gas related discipline
- Possess at least 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO results (not more than 2 sittings and the two results must precede the first degree)
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or Letter of exemption
- Certificate of indigene ship (evidence of state of origin and local government).
- Research area must be relevant to the oil and gas industry
- PhD research proposal of not more than 6 pages. The proposal template can be accessed via the applicants profile on the PTDF Scholarship Management Portal.
Documents Required for Application
- Second Degree Certificates or Statement of Results
- PhD research proposal (The proposal template can be accessed via the applicants profile on the PTDF Scholarship Management Portal)
Application DeadlineAugust 13, 2021
How to Apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on organisation website.
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same or lower category of degree.
- Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply.
- Application is restricted to Federal Universities and for specific courses only.
- Possession of valid admission letter into the University is mandatory for all applicants.
- Postgraduate applicant’s admission letter should be within a validity
For more details,visit PTDF websiteMasters scholarship by