The Nordic Africa Institute (NAI) are looking for senior researchers who have wide network with other African scholars and research organisations working on Africa, particularly in Africa and the Nordic countries.
Applications are invited for TWO positions:
- Senior Researcher Conflict and Security
- Senior Researcher Migration and Mobility
Senior researchers at the Institute are expected to initiate new research projects and lead the execution of research projects/programmes. They are expected to work in an interdisciplinary environment and systematically share analyses with colleagues and stakeholders. Researchers are also expected to engage in other activities of the institute such as policy dialogues, media engagements, dissemination activities, planning and organising research seminars and conferences, scholarship programmes etc. within their areas of specialization and expertise. Researchers should be able to participate actively in the preparation of research projects/programmes, review of different applications within the area of research. Other tasks and assignments may include planning, facilitating academic networking and dissemination of research findings. In addition, senior researchers will carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Research.
About The Nordic Africa Institute (NAI)
The Nordic Africa Institute conducts research and offers resources that help further understanding about contemporary Africa. We believe that research-based knowledge and analysis offer a solid base for informed decisions and contribute to the fulfilment of the global development agenda.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new The Nordic Africa Institute scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
NAI Senior Researcher Migration and Mobility
Aim and Benefits of NAI Senior Researcher Migration and Mobility
Salary is negotiable within the Institute’s current salary levels and remuneration packages. The position includes attractive benefits and conditions offered for employees of Swedish civil service.
Requirements for NAI Senior Researcher Migration and Mobility Qualification
- A PhD degree in relevant discipline within social sciences or humanities.
- A minimum of at least 5 years of post-doctoral working experience from Africa research on migration and mobility.
- Proven experience in policy advice and media engagements.
- Ability to present complex issues in a readable form for both academic and non-academic audiences.
- Strong analytical skills including the use of quantitative and/or qualitative research techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, and competences and skills in effective communication.
- Strong networks within African studies and with other relevant stakeholders in the above mentioned research field especially on the African continent.
- Good knowledge of research centres, networks, and universities in the Nordic countries and in Africa.
- Proven knowledge of policy processes and policy environments.
- Proven capacity to attract external funding for research programmes and projects.
- Knowledge of French or Portuguese.
Documents Required for Application
The application should contain:
- Proposal for a research project not exceeding 5 pages. It should include:
- Research problem, methodology and conceptual & theoretical framework;
- Potential sources of external funding for the proposed research activities;
- Strategies for disseminating research findings (including platforms for policy engagements and media activities).
- A complete CV with a list of scientific publications (including books, articles, research reports, policy notes, etc), research projects conducted/participated (with indication of those dealing with migration and mobility), and most recent papers presented at conferences.
- Three sample publications by applicant that relate to the thematic area of research. (Preferably through links to online sources, and in two copies each if print copies are sent).
- The names, professional titles and addresses (phone, e-mail) of two references.
Application DeadlineAugust 14, 2020
How to Apply
by email to [email protected]. (Including publications to the extent possible or by indication of internet addresses when available).
For more details, visit NAI wesbite.
As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted candidates will be invited to present their proposed research projects for the Nordic Africa InstitutSenior Researcher Conflict and Security scholarship by