All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for the International Merit Scholarship. The award is a $1000 award for the academic year (fall, spring and summer), if the recipient is a spring semester recipient, the award is for spring and summer only.
The scholarship will reduce the student’s tuition and fees by $500 every fall, spring and summer.
For international students on F-1 and J-1 visa the scholarship will reflect the residency tuition rate. The award only applies to tuition and fees. All other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used to study at UHV. The awards and waivers are available for fall recipients for the fall, spring, and summer semesters, and for spring recipients this scholarship and waivers will be awarded for spring and summer semesters for undergraduate and graduate full-time study at UHV.
About University of Houston - Victoria
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of Houston - scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Undergraduate International Student Merit Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Undergraduate International Student Merit Scholarship
The award is a $1000 award for the academic year
Requirements for Undergraduate International Student Merit Scholarship Qualification
- Admitted student to UHV
- At the time of award the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students.
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the spring and summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity all spring scholarship recipients are required to register for a full-time course load online (summer only) or face-to-face. If applicable all spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- International students or students on other non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be on good academic and immigration status
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
Application DeadlineNovember 15, 2021
How to Apply
- Complete BOTH the scholarship application forms
- First submit the online UHV General Scholarship Application.
- Sign in using your UHV username and password.
- Second submit International Student Merit Scholarship Application. Please note, you will need to attach the necessary application requirements. Once you hit submit the application, along with the uploaded attachments will be sent to the International Programs Office automatically.
- Both the above mentioned applications MUST be completed in order for your scholarship application to be eligible for review .
For more details, visit University of Houston – Victoria website.
- Fall semester deadline: 15th June 2021
- Spring semester deadline: 15th November 2021
Notes: Merit scholarship for spring semester is only awarded for spring and summer semester. All spring scholarship recipients must take part time or fulltime summer course load (online or F2F) and is required to take summer courses. All spring merit scholarship recipients must re-apply for the following year Merit Scholarship. Postgraduate International Student Merit Scholarship scholarship by