Published: 01 Jan 1970 4,053 views
CSU values moral education and high-quality cultivation, so it has been bettering its talent training model. It has over 55,000 full-time students, including over 34,000 undergraduates, over 20,000 graduate students and nearly 1,647 overseas degree students. The university has 57 national excellent courses, 8 national teaching teams and 8 national experimental teaching demonstration centers.
Central South University (CSU) is situated in Changsha, a famous historical and cultural city in Hunan, China, and covers an area of 2,760,000 m2, with its campuses distributed on the east and west of Xiangjiang River. Backed by the majestic Yuelu Mountain and facing the grand Xiangjiang River, CSU has pleasing scenery and is ideal for study and research. As a top university directly under the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the People's Republic of China, CSU is one of the first universities admitted into “Project 211” (the Chinese government's endeavor aimed at strength... read more
|03 May 2021
|Country to study
|School to study
|Central South University
|Central South University (CSU)
|Men and Women
Full scholarship: coverage of tuition, on-campus accommodation, medical insurance fees, and monthly stipend.
Partial scholarship: coverage of tuition, on-campus accommodation and medical insurance fees
1) Excellent Non-Chinese citizens, with no criminal records and in good health.
2) For Bachelor’s degree, applicants should have a high school degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 25 years old. Applicants who are under the age of 18 shall be no less than 16 years old with an eligible guardian living in China.
3) Language Eligibility: Students who apply for Chinese-taught programs should obtain a minimum score of 220 in HSK4 for science and engineering programs and 260 in HSK4 for arts, social science, and medical programs (for bachelor of Chinese language and literature, a minimum score of 200 in HSK5); Students who cannot meet the requirement of Chinese competence shall take a one-year preparatory course of the Chinese language and meet above HSK requirement before embarking on their programs.
Students who apply for English-taught programs should obtain a minimum score of 6 in IELTS or 85 in TOFEL.
Those who meet one of the following conditions are exempt from proving their linguistic competence:
a) Applicants whose first language or the official language of the country is Chinese or English.
b) Applicants who have taken a degree program whose teaching language is in Chinese or English.
4) Applicants of postgraduate programs are required to have a strong academic background and innovative research capabilities.
5) Some programs have their own admission requirement, and applicants shall be qualified before applying. For details, see the 2021 Program Catalogue.
For more details, visit CSU website.
Program Duration and Catalogue
Bachelor: 4-5 years, see details in the 2021 CSU Bachelor Programs.pdf
Master: 3 years, see details in the 2021 CSU Master Programs.xlsx
Doctorate: 4 years, see details in the 2021 CSU Doctorate Programs.xlsx