The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
About Agency for Science, Technology and Research
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. We play a key role in nurturing and developing talent and leaders for our Research Institutes, the wider research community, and industry.
Our research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore. As a Science and Technology Organisation, we bridge the gap between academia and industry in terms of research and development. In these endeavours, we seek to integrate the relevant capabilities of our research institutes and collaborate wit... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Agency for Science, Technology and Research scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
Aim and Benefits of Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000 which will be increased after passing the qualifying examination.
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Requirements for Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Qualification
To be considered for the Singapore International Graduate Award 2021 for Postgraduate Studies, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- Applicants must be international graduates with passion for research and excellent academic activities.
- Applicants must possess good skills in written as well as spoken English.
- Applicants may be asked to show proof of English language proficiency.
- Applicants must possess good academic credentials and also be ready for their referee to send in academic reports.
- Applicants must have obtained good grades in relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership ability.
Documents Required for Application
Applicants will be required to upload the following documents as part of the application process
- a copy of their passport, e recent passport-sized photograph (in .jpeg or .png format). All transcripts are to be translated in English.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s academic transcripts, certificates
- two recommendation reports to be submitted online by the referees.
- participating universities may require GRE/IELTS/TOEFL/SAT I&II/GATE results as part of the university admission requirement.
Application DeadlineJanuary 1, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Agency for Science, Technology and Research on app.a-star.edu.sg
For more details, visit A*STAR website.