2021 is now open for application; international students from around the globe are invited to apply. The American University EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States.
About American University (AU)
American University is a student-centered research institution located in Washington, DC, with highly-ranked schools and colleges, internationally-renowned faculty, and a reputation for creating meaningful change in the world. Our students distinguish themselves for their service, leadership, and ability to rethink global and domestic challenges and opportunities.
At AU passion becomes action; students actively engage in the world around them; and the leaders of today train the leaders of tomorrow.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new American University (AU) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship covers;
- All billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for oneinternational student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States.
- The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
Requirements for Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Qualification
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for Fall 2021 is open to international students; Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above)
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2021.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2021.
Ineligibility: You are NOT eligible to apply if;
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2019.
Application DeadlineJanuary 15, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates should complete the online AU EGLS application and visit the official AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship page for further application instructions.
For more details, visit AU website.