The Michael Jones Memorial Scholarship has been established to support a student from one of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder local high schools who enrols at the university to study a course in the WA School of Mines (WASM). The Jones family (Don Jones Retravision) established the scholarship in memory of Michael who was killed in a mining accident at the Hunt decline in Kambalda.
Michael Jones completed his Mining Engineering degree at the WA School of Mines (WASM) graduating with a distinction grade and was a gold medal winner in 1982 (dux of his school).
About Curtin University
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Curtin University scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Curtin University Bachelors
Aim and Benefits of Curtin University Bachelors
The Michael Jones Memorial Scholarship will provide the following support for up to a maximum of four years (based on a full-time study load of 100 credits per semester):
- The total value of up to AUD 12,000 is paid as a cash stipend of AUD 1,500 per semester. The amount can be used at the recipient's discretion to contribute towards educational-related expenses.
Curtin University Bachelors Courses
Requirements for Curtin University Bachelors Qualification
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Michael Jones Memorial Scholarship:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Enrolled in an undergraduate course within the WA School of Mines in semester 1,2023
- ATAR of 75 or above or course weighted average (CWA) of at least 60
- Attended a Kalgoorlie-Boulder local high school
Application DeadlineNovember 18, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Curtin University on future.connect.curtin.edu.au