Are you a highly qualified postdoc? Could you well imagine working in Germany? But you would also like to spend a period of time pursuing research in another? Then apply for a place on the “Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience“ (PRIME) programme.
With co-funding from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the European Union, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) gives young postdocs the chance to spend a period of time researching abroad, in combination with a research phase in Germany. What is special about this programme is that is provides jobs, not scholarships. Applications are invited from postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities and subjects
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) . The DAAD itself does not offer programs of study or courses, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education. It also awards grants to German...... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of DAAD PRIME
- basic salary and international allowance, plus travel allowance for the researcher, spouse/partner and children
- invitation to attend an orientation seminar before programme begins
Requirements for DAAD PRIME Qualification
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- PhD completed before the start of funding
- free choice of country for the research phase abroad, providing that the candidate did not spend a total of more than twelve months there in the previous three years
- agreement of host institutions in Germany and abroad
- confirmation from the German host that it is willing to employ the postdoctoral researcher for the entire funding period if funding is approved
Application DeadlineAugust 31, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on www.auslands-stipendien.de
- The application form is available in the application portal. To get to the portal please click on Stipendiendatenbank für Deutsche, fill in Fachrichtung (subject of your research), Zielland (country of the period abroad) and Status “Promovierte” (position), and select the programme.
- Please mind the instructions on registering on the portal, choose English as portal language, activate, if necessary, the compatibility view of your browser and choose English as browser language. After registration in the portal, please click on the tab “personal funding“.
Fr more details, visit DAAD website.