With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) . The DAAD itself does not offer programs of study or courses, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education. It also awards grants to German...... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships
Aim and Benefits of Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Requirements for Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
Interview date, Process and Venue for Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships
- The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously
- At least two years’ relevant professional experience
- Language skills: Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
For more details, visit DAAD wevbsite.