This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
About Foundation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme
As an international crossroads for Humanities and Social Sciences, the Foundation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme works in synergy with international scientific communities and networks, and fosters collaboration amongst scientific fields.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Foundation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of Postdoctoral Fellowship
Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1 600 € (paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
Besides, the FMSH and the IFRA provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries…).
Requirements for Postdoctoral Fellowship Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Nationality: This program is open to researchers originating from Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda Eastern Congo (Kivu) (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
- Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2017.
- Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
- French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFRA expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Postdoctoral Fellowship
A selection committee composed with members of FMSH, IFRA and independent experts will analyse and proceed to final selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the programme will be prioritized.
Candidates will be informed by email of the results in early February 2023.
Application DeadlineDecember 9, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Foundation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme on merlin2.ext.msh-paris.fr
- Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2023” and then the specific call "FMSH-IFRA: Afrique de l’Est > France".
- Fill all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research application into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in East Africa
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For more details, visit FMSH website.