Are you involved with products or applications that use artificial intelligence? Are you interested in ethical issues and in making products and applications more inclusive and sustainable? Do you like working in international interdisciplinary teams and enjoy changing perspectives? Then apply for our two-month online Fellowship Programme “AI to Amplify”, consisting of seminars, networking events and workshops, starting in May 2023. The programme is free of charge. There is no age limit, applications can be submitted by persons from 18 years of age. We welcome applications from coders and developers from the Global North and Global South, but also from philosophers, artists, sociologists, lawyers and activists. We aim for a good mix of teams, which means we explicitly encourage women, queer people, people with disabilities, people without a degree and people with diverse professional backgrounds to apply.
About Goethe Institut
The Goethe-Institut is the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, active worldwide. We promote the study of German abroad and encourage international cultural exchange.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Goethe Institut scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
AI to Amplify Fellowship Programme
Aim and Benefits of AI to Amplify Fellowship Programme
- Participating in the programme provides the opportunity to meet social activists, gain new perspectives and network internationally.
- Participants can contribute their ideas and perspectives to the development of community-oriented products and applications and further develop them in teams.
- The programme includes a two-week hackathon where ideas for AI applications are developed in diverse teams.
- Six winning teams will receive seed money to further develop their prototypes and present them at a conference in the Global North.
- After a second selection process, two winning teams will receive €10 000 ($10 600) seed money for the further realisation of their product idea or prototype.
Requirements for AI to Amplify Fellowship Programme Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Applicants from the age of 18 years and above are welcome, regardless of their professional background.
- The programme welcomes applications from coders and developers from the Global North and Global South, but also from artists, philosophers, sociologists, lawyers and activists.
- It also aims to encourage a good mix of teams, which means that individuals without degrees, with disabilities, women, queer people and people with diverse professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Interview date, Process and Venue for AI to Amplify Fellowship Programme
- A jury will select 80 participants from all applications received.
- The programme coordinators will then put together diverse teams and operate in two groups of 40 people each due to the different time zones.
- Online sessions will take place twice a week for two hours each.
- Applicants will receive a notification of the outcome of their application at the end of March. Further organisational details will be announced at that time.
Application DeadlineMarch 20, 2023
How to Apply
For more details, visit Goethe-Institut website.