The Green Web Foundation is seeking five practitioners for a paid part-time fellowship of 10 months for their 2023 cohort.
Successful fellows will deliver a project that contributes to the digital rights and climate justice movements. Fellows will also learn together and from experienced practitioners about what powers control the internet, how it is fueled, and what can be done about it.
- dedicate half a day a week to their fellowship for 10 months.
- design and deliver a fellowship project that contributes to digital rights and climate justice.
- participate in weekly cohort calls and monthly online workshops while documenting their learning in the open.
About Green Web Foundation
Green Web Foundation has built open decision-making infrastructure to track and enable the transition to a fossil-free internet, including stewarding an open dataset to check if websites run on renewable energy, accessed over 2 billion times. In 2020, we began to reboot our organization to better meet the moment of the climate crisis. Building on our history and expertise in open data and greening the internet, we began providing more targeted support to internet practitioners who want to change destructive defaults in the technology they make and use. We collaborated w... ... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Green Web Foundation scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Green Web Fellowship
Aim and Benefits of Green Web Fellowship
- Stipend of €8,400 to compensate their time.
- Project budget of €2,500 to pay your collaborators, materials, travel and other expenses for your proposed project.
- Mentorship from experienced practitioners in greening the internet, climate justice, digital rights and facilitative leadership.
Requirements for Green Web Fellowship Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Open to an individual that takes action towards more just and sustainable futures, holds collaborative space for their communities, and is dedicated to self reflection in their practice;
- Has a clearly articulated project or collaboration that contributes to digital rights and climate justice;
- Is affiliated with an organization or is working independently
- They especially encourage people who identify as Most Affected People and Areas to apply.
Application DeadlineDecember 8, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Green Web Foundation on www.thegreenwebfoundation.org
- Successful applicants will be notified by end of the December. The cohort will run from February 1 – November 30, 2023.
For more details,visit Green Web Foundation website