The Legal Division of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) offers five traineeship positions for a period of one year, starting September 2020.
About International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Established in 1863, the ICRC operates worldwide, helping people affected by conflict and armed violence and promoting the laws that protect victims of war. An independent and neutral organization, its mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We are based in Geneva, Switzerland, and employ some 18,000 people in more than 90 countries. The ICRC is funded mainly by voluntary donations from governments and from National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
ICRC Traineeship in the International Review of the Red Cross’ Unit
Aim and Benefits of ICRC Traineeship in the International Review of the Red Cross’ Unit
Successful candidates will be recruited on a 12-month paid traineeship contract. The positions are based at ICRC headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Benefits include:
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment;
- Attractive social benefits;
- Paid traineeship (monthly 3000 CHF).
Requirements for ICRC Traineeship in the International Review of the Red Cross’ Unit Qualification
- Certifications / Education required: A Master’s degree in law or international relations, preferably including a focus related to armed conflict studies.
- Professional Experience required: For candidates to be eligible, they must have a maximum of one year’s professional experience after graduation or two years if they have been in previous internships, traineeships or similar positions.
Desired profile and skills
- A demonstrated interest in humanitarian work, IHL and human rights;
- Previous editorial work experience (shortlisted candidates will be tested on their editorial and writing skills during the interviews);
- Initiative and capacity to work independently under minimal supervision;
- Excellent ability to work in a team;
- Excellent communication skills including strong writing abilities;
- Excellent organizational skills.
Language: Excellent command of English with good French reading abilities
Application DeadlineJune 30, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on career5.successfactors.eu
For more details, visit ICRC website.