The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
About Maastricht University (UM)
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with 18,000 students and 4,400 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education. Thanks to its high-quality research and study programmes as well as a strong focus on social engagement, UM has quickly built up a solid reputation. Today it is considered one of the best young universities in the world.... read more... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Maastricht University (UM) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship
- Living expenses: € 11,400* (12 months) or € 22,800* (24 months)
- Health & liability insurance: € 700
- Visa application costs: € 174
- Tuition fees: € 13,800*; € 15,500* or € 16,800* depending on the tuition of your study programme
- Pre-Academic Training costs
NB: These amounts are subject to change for academic year 2021-2022
Requirements for UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship Qualification
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2021-2022 academic year.
List of the UM master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2021-2022 scholarship programme applicants.
Documents Required for Application
Upload the following documents in .doc, .docx, or PDF format, and submit your application.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter of motivation.
- Proof of academic excellence.
- The contact details of one referee.
NB: you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date.
Application DeadlineFebruary 1, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Maastricht University (UM) on www.studielink.nl
Step 1: Register for one of the participating Master’s programmes at Maastricht University. For further details on how to register for a Master’s programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for Maastricht University. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
Step 2: Please fill in the application form as per the table below:
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS): Application form
- Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences (FHML): Application form
- Faculty of Psychology and Neurosciences (FPN): Application form
- Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE): Application form
- Faculty of Law (FL): Application form
- School of Business and Economics (SBE): Application form
Step 3: You will have to contact the referee you provided in your application form and ask them to submit their reference letter per email to [email protected]
For more details, visit UM website