The Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship.
The High Potential Scholarship is intended for excellent students from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) who wish to do a master’s or a professional education programme at Maastricht University.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
About Maastricht University (UM)
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with 18,000 students and 4,400 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education. Thanks to its high-quality research and study programmes as well as a strong focus on social engagement, UM has quickly built up a solid reputation. Today it is considered one of the best young universities in the world.... read more... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Maastricht University (UM) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
UM Holland High Potential Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of UM Holland High Potential Scholarship
- Living expenses: € 11,400* (12 months) or € 22,800* (24 months)
- Insurances: € 700
- Visa costs: € 174
- Tuition fees: € 13,800*; € 15,500* or € 16,800* depending on the tuition of your study programme
- Pre-Academic Training Costs: At cost
Requirements for UM Holland High Potential Scholarship Qualification
ll candidates must meet the following requirements:
All candidates for Maastricht University Holland High Potential must meet the following requirements:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2021-2022 academic year.
List of the UM master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2021-2022 scholarship programme applicants.
Application DeadlineFebruary 1, 2022
How to Apply
Interested students can find the steps to apply for this scholarship in the Scholarship Webpage. In the section Application and Selection, you may go through information about how to fill and send the application form. This differs per faculty.
For more details, visit Maastricht University website.