The Global Studies bachelor-level study programme trains students to understand and develop solutions for complex global issues, crossing disciplinary and geographical boundaries. The study programme is unique in the Netherlands for having six faculties, each with their disciplinary expertise, contribute equally to the educational content of the programme.
The study programme offers students the opportunity to perform a field study in the global south, develop an intervention for a societal problem presented by a NGO, government, agency, firm or a school and write an interdisciplinary bachelor thesis.
About Maastricht University (UM)
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with 18,000 students and 4,400 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education. Thanks to its high-quality research and study programmes as well as a strong focus on social engagement, UM has quickly built up a solid reputation. Today it is considered one of the best young universities in the world.... read more... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Maastricht University (UM) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Maastricht University Bachelor
Aim and Benefits of Maastricht University Bachelor
- Tuition fees
- Stipend of € 11,400 per academic year
- Health insurance
Requirements for Maastricht University Bachelor Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- You hold the nationality of a country in the Global South, here defined as least developed (column 1), low income (column 2) and lower middle-income (column 3) countries in Africa, Asia (including the Middle-East), Latin-America and the Caribbean based on the definition of the OECD and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands
- You do not hold a double nationality from a country in the Global North
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2022
- You agree to become an active Global Studies and UM ambassador during and after your studies, by committing to share your experiences during at least one (information) session for students and/or other stakeholders
- You have have been (conditionally) admitted to the Global Studies study programme
Application DeadlineMarch 1, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Maastricht University (UM) on www.maastrichtuniversity.nl