We are looking to recruit the next generation of responsible leaders. Leaders play an especially important role today as we turn our attention to the recovery of the region and consider how best to tackle longstanding inequalities of the North East. We are committed to supporting individuals who are not afraid to challenge the status quo and ask searching questions about what kind of society and economy we want to create.
We aim to attract students from all sectors whose organisations or role directly addresses or contributes to challenging one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The diversity of our cohort is central to our philosophy of a challenging and developmental learning space for all our students and to reflect the regional social and economic landscape in the North East.
About Newcastle University
Newcastle University (Officially, the University of Newcastle upon Tyne) is a public research university located in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England. The university can trace its origins to a School of Medicine and Surgery (later the College of Medicine), established in 1834, and to the College of Physical Science (later renamed Armstrong College), founded in 1871. These two colleges came to form one division of the federal University of Durham, with the Durham Colleges forming the other. The Newcastle colleges merged to form King's College in 1937. In 1963, following an Ac... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Newcastle University scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Responsible Leadership Scholarship for MSc
Aim and Benefits of Responsible Leadership Scholarship for MSc
£12,000, payable towards the cost of tuition fees.
Requirements for Responsible Leadership Scholarship for MSc Qualification
To be eligible for this partial-fee scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- complete the scholarship application form including submitting a personal statement of no more than 1,000 words to demonstrate how responsible leadership plays an important role for the future of society and the economy and how your work directly impacts on the UN Sustainable Development Goals and in particular (although not limited to) inclusivity and social justice.
- completed and submitted an online Strategic Leadership MSc programme application form
- live and/ or work in the North East
- represent an under-represented group within a particular organisation or sector, which may include:
- working in a SME or third sector organisation including charities, social enterprises and voluntary organisations.
- working in an organisation or have a role that directly supports a more sustainable future for the region and beyond
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to Strategic Leadership MSc 2020 entry
- have substantive leadership/ managerial experience
- preferably hold the equivalent of a UK 2:1 honours degree (however, applicants who do not meet this requirement but can demonstrate relevant work experience above the minimum plus significant career progression may also be considered)
- perform well at interview across all competency areas.
Application DeadlineJuly 4, 2021
How to Apply
For more details, visit Newcastle University website.