The Youth Solutionists in Government Fellowship (YSGF) is a 4-month virtual program based in the United States for individuals between the ages of 15 and 25, with the goal of bridging the gap between youth and climate policymaking spaces. Oftentimes, climate decision spaces do not include the visions and ideas of youth. Our goal is to transform that by ensuring that youth are empowered to participate in environmental governance on a local, state, and/or federal level. We provide capacity-building sessions to educate fellows on how to engage the government through our unique 3-step framework.
OneUpAction is built by a group of powerful intersectional youth advocates who realized that just participating in climate strikes, rallies, and legislative advocacy wasn’t enough to solve the climate crisis. In order to see a true impact, we must take our energy to mass mobilize and complement it with local direct action. They are the founding members of OneUpAction with the goal of creating a platform in which marginalized young people could get the resources needed to be empowered to take direct action in their own communities to combat the climate crisis when people in position...&nb... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new OneUpAction scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
OneUpAction Youth Solutionists in Government Program
Aim and Benefits of OneUpAction Youth Solutionists in Government Program
- Expand your network of environmentalists and meet climate activists throughout the nation
- Learn from experts in the climate field, including those who work in politics, advocacy, and community-organizing
- Recieve a certificate after a successful completion of the fellowship entitling you as a “Youth Solutionist in Government”
- Receive internship credit if you are seeking it
- Become connected with OneUpAction International’s Alumni Network
Requirements for OneUpAction Youth Solutionists in Government Program Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- In order to be eligible for this fellowship, you must be between the ages of 15 to 25 years old as of April 2023.
- Additionally, you must be living in the United States of America. You do not need to be a citizen of the United States of America to apply. We require that all applicants must reside in the U.S. during the time of fellowship.
Interview date, Process and Venue for OneUpAction Youth Solutionists in Government Program
- June: The fellowship will commence with an opening ceremony and the educational, interactive zoom meetings will start to take place.
- July: Fellows will be introduced to the 3 tracks and will receive an in-depth training on each of them. Guest speakers will come into the sessions.
- August: Fellows will select a track that they will build a project around. They will receive guidance from mentors who will support them in building their projects.
- September: Fellows will continue to receive support on their projects. While they do not need to finish their projects by the end of this month, they need to make significant progress on their projects.
Application DeadlineMay 26, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to OneUpAction on airtable.com
For more details, visit OneUpAction website