Applications for the Online News Association (ONA) Women’s Leadership Accelerator 2022 are now open. The Women’s Leadership Accelerator offers an intensive program of mentoring, discussion and learning from some of the top minds in digital media. Participants work closely with mentors on challenges unique to their careers and also receive support and coaching from ONA throughout the year.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A virtual kickoff workshop in March and an in-person cohort gathering in May or June, focused on hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges
- Registration to the Online News Association Conference (ONA22)
- A half-day workshop closing workshop for the cohort in September 2022, in coordination with ONA22
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system
About Online News Association (ONA)
ONA’s programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Among the organizations and you’ll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Online News Association (ONA) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
ONA Women’s Leadership Accelerator
Aim and Benefits of ONA Women’s Leadership Accelerator
Twenty-six women leaders in digital journalism will receive yearlong support to level up their careers.
Requirements for ONA Women’s Leadership Accelerator Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Open to practitioners working in digital journalism, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists, who are pushing innovation.
- They are looking for women who not only have an understanding of the digital journalism landscape but who are helping to advance it in innovative ways.
- Applicants should have experience managing people or projects and be committed to further developing their skills. Innovation means different things in different markets, and we consider that when reviewing applications.
Documents Required for Application
- Nov. 3, 2021: Applications open
- Nov. 30, 2021: Applications close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (4:59 UTC)
- Spring 2022: Cohort announced
- Week of March 28: Kickoff workshop (virtual)
- May or June: In-person workshop in Los Angeles (exact dates to be confirmed)
- Week of Sept. 18: Closing workshop during ONA22 in Los Angeles
Application DeadlineNovember 30, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Online News Association (ONA) on ona.submittable.com
For more details, visit ONA website.