Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding. The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses.
P.E.O. was founded on January 21, 1869, by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. This circle of kindred spirits – bonded by their enthusiasm for women's opportunities – eventually expanded to include women off campus as well. Through membership, the P.E.O. Sisterhood has brought together more than a half a million women in the United States and Canada who are passionate about helping women advance through education, while supporting and motivating them. Friendship is the cornerstone of P.E.O. – it is the legacy left by our Founders and it thrive... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new P.E.O. scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship
- The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
- The scholarship is based upon demonstrated financial need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to confirm additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Additional resources may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
- Awards are announced in May. The amount of the PEO International scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December
Requirements for P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the united States or canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training, unless it is combined with coursework. Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- international students attending cottey college are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Application DeadlineDecember 15, 2021
How to Apply
Click here to access the online eligibility form.
For more details, visit PEO website.
- Application closes: 15th December, 2021
- March 1, 2022: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended.
- April 1, 2022: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended. Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College