The African Skills Portal for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (ASPYEE) is a continental knowledge platform hosting a wealth of good practices on Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET), skills development methodologies and approaches, and youth employment and entrepreneurship interventions.
This competition aims to increase good practices from all regions, with a focus on regions that are currently under-represented on ASPYEE. These include West, Central, and Northern Africa and conflict-ridden countries.
Rising Africa is a pan-African social enterprise with a core agenda of changing the narrative about Africa on the media landscape. At Rising Africa, we want to populate the media space with inspiring success stories of Africa. Africa have had her fair share of challenges but despite going through so much, this generation still keeps the hope of a prosperous Africa alive for the unborn, against all odds. This generation is full of achievers, while some are household names, others are unsung or totally unknown. All these achievers are ordinary men and women who have risen above these cha... read more
Five organisations, one from each African region, will win:
An all-expenses paid study tour to South Africa, including all travel, accommodation, and meals!
The study tour programme consists of:
• A meet-and-greet with senior officials of AUDA-NEPAD
• A one-day workshop where winning organisations can exchange information, share experiences, and be inspired by their peers from other parts of the continent.
• Field visits to South African trail-blazing organisations, government-led projects, and multistakeholder interventions
Free profiling and marketing, including:
• Being featured on the ASPYEE platform and AU and AUDA-NEPAD social media channels
• A certificate of recognition from AUDA-NEPAD
• Invitations to speak at high-level events
Organisations that have not been selected as winners will still be given an opportunity to share their good practice on ASPYEE if they meet the judging criteria below.
Organisations with existing good practices on ASPYEE may enter the competition but must still complete the application form. The organisation may use the opportunity to update the existing good practice with up-to- date information.
For more details, visit Rising Africa website.