Part of the AUC Scholarship Fund (ASF), the Talent Fellowship at AUC (TFA) aims to empower the next generation of talented Dutch students from communities that are underrepresented in higher education. Talent Fellows receive 2500 EUR per academic year and participate in a tailor-made talent development programme.
The AUC Scholarship Fund (ASF) launched the Talent Fellowship at AUC (TFA) in 2022. The TFA aims to empower the next generation of talented Dutch students from underrepresented communities in higher education. Talent Fellows receive 2500 EUR per academic year from the ASF and participate in a personalised talent development programme. In addition to financial support, TFA fellows are invited to participate in annual personal development activities, as well as networking events. The personal development activities are designed to teach students essential skills needed to succeed as academics and young professionals. The networking events allow students to start building strong professional networks that can propel their careers forward once they leave AUC.
About Amsterdam University College (AUC)
Amsterdam University College (AUC) offers a liberal arts and sciences programme leading to a joint Bachelor’s (Honours) degree issued by the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and Vrije Universiteit (VU) Amsterdam. AUC is based on the American liberal arts and sciences model, with students living and studying together on an international campus located at Amsterdam Science Park. The programme is taught entirely in English, is small-scale and selective, and admits a maximum of 300 students each year based on their academic performance and motivation.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Amsterdam University College (AUC) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Amsterdam University College Talent Fellowship
Aim and Benefits of Amsterdam University College Talent Fellowship
- €2500 annually for three years
- Participation in a tailor-made personal development programme
- Access to a prestigious network
Requirements for Amsterdam University College Talent Fellowship Qualification
The ASF Selection Committee, consisting of representatives of the ASF sponsors and an independent chair, considers all the applications and makes recommendations to the ASF Board on which students should be invited as Talent Fellows at AUC. For your fellowship application to be considered by the ASF Selection Committee, you must meet the following requirements:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- You must have also submitted an application for admission to AUC. Admission to AUC is a separate process. For more information, see the section on applications and admissions. Only those who apply and are accepted to AUC can join the Talent Fellowship at AUC.
- By September 2023 you must have completed your secondary education in the Kingdom of the Netherlands or have Dutch citizenship.
- You must come from a background or group that is underrepresented in higher education. The selection committee has been asked to prioritise students with a migration background, including refugees, and Dutch students who are the first in their family to attend a college or university.
- You must meet the criteria to receive an additional grant (aanvullende beurs) from DUO.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Amsterdam University College Talent Fellowship
The Talent Fellowship at AUC is a merit-based award, although there is a family income threshold (see the section below). The ASF Selection Committee selects the applicants to be recommended to receive a Fellowship based on the following criteria:
- Excellent school results. These are considered to be an indicator of your academic merit. Please note that the ASF Selection Committee will not see your application for admission to AUC and they will only receive information on your average secondary school grade (GPA) that you submit. If you want to communicate anything more to the Committee about your school results and academic ability, make sure to include it in your letter of motivation. This space can also be used to explain why you may not have high grades at the moment, but still believe you can perform well at AUC.
- Strong motivation to study liberal arts and sciences at AUC. The ASF Selection Committee will be looking for this in your letter of motivation.
- Demonstrated ambition and a passion for learning. Personal development is a priority for the Talent Fellowship at AUC and the selection committee needs to see that you are committed to developing leadership qualities, excelling academically, and becoming exemplary and engaged members of the community.
- The ASF Selection Committee is also interested in your extracurricular accomplishments and activities. Give examples of both your individual accomplishments, as well as your contributions to your community or society, and your (potential) leadership profile and skills. Make sure to write about these in your letter of motivation.
Talent Fellowships starting in
TFA application deadline
|Decision on who is awarded a fellowship
||1 April 2023
||Late April/early May 2023
Application DeadlineApril 1, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Amsterdam University College (AUC) on www.auc.nl
Please note that the deadline for submitting an application for a Talent Fellowship at AUC for September 2023 is 1 April 2023. Please keep in mind that you can only apply for a Talent Fellowship after you have submitted your application for admission to study at AUC. You can access the application form via the link below.
Access the Talent Fellowship application form
For more details visit: AUC website.