UN Women Tanzania is launching a call for applications to qualified girls to participate the first coding camp to be held in Mbeya, from 27th February – 10th March 2023.
The coding camps are coordinated in close collaboration with United Republic of Tanzania (Mainland and Zanzibar) through the:
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. UN Women supports UN Member States as they set global standards for achieving gender equality, and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programmes and services needed to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly benefit women and girls worldwide. It works globally to make the vision of the Sustainable Deve... read more
The Tanzania team responsible for implementing the African Girls Can CODE initiative will provide the participants selected following a selection process with the following:
To qualify for the coding camps, applicants should:
• Be of Tanzania Nationality, female, and between the ages of 15-25 yrs
• Have an interest in science, technology, mathematics, ICT and related subjects
• Know how to use a computer and have basic knowledge of Computer Science
Provide written permission from parents or legal guardians (for girls under the age of 18) to attend the coding camp. This must be done in the application form;
• Provide a valid phone number and email address;
• Provide a letter of submission with confirmation of availability over the duration of the training (the training camp is 10 days);
• Agree to become an AGCCI ambassador by sharing ideas and experiences in your school or community.
The application form is available here Application Form
• All applications MUST be submitted through email [email protected], with subject line REF: CFA No. UNW-ESA-TZA-2023- 001 on African Girls Can Code Initiatives Phase 2 Coding Camp.
• Only those short listed will be contacted for further screening and consideration.
• Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For more information, please email: [email protected], by 20th January 2023 at 23.59 hrs
For more details, visit UN Women website.