Sponsored by the CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House, this scholarship exists to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at the University College of London (UCL) without financial assistance.
About University College London
Founded in 1826 in the heart of London, UCL is London's leading multidisciplinary university, with more than 13,000 staff and 42,000 students from 150 different countries
We are a diverse community with the freedom and courage to challenge, to question and to think differently. Through a progressive approach to teaching and research, our world leading academics, curious students and outstanding staff continually pursue excellence, break boundaries and make an impact on real world problems.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University College London scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of Masters Scholarship
The African Graduate Scholarship will cover:
- £25,800 – Tuition fee for overseas students in 2021-2022 AY
- £10,000 – Estimated value of an accommodation bursary in the International students house (ISH).
- £9,200 – Subsistence stipend for the year disbursed in regular intervals
- Travel expenses* (You will need to calculate and pay for the cost of your travel to and from the UK as well as the cost for the student visa, and initial expenses (warm clothes for winter, student supplies etc.)
- MSc Project costs* (You will need to calculate and pay for the costs of your project if you choose to conduct an MSc project overseas.
- Candidates are not required to write a dissertation that requires travelling).
Payment of the Scholarship is made in the form of paying your tuition fees and providing you accommodation at the start of the academic session and providing maintenance cheques at regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses.
Masters Scholarship Courses
Requirements for Masters Scholarship Qualification
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation, at the time of application.
- The candidate must have applied and obtained an offer letter to study a fulltime postgraduate programme at the UCL Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarship covers UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living. The candidate must arrange for and obtain the additional funding required to cover travel, student visa, and initial expenses.
- Please also see the application procedure below for additional information.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Masters Scholarship
Completed application forms will be reviewed shortly after the deadline stated on the application form. The applications are considered and awarded by the UCL Institute for Global Health (IGH) Scholarship Committee. The committee aims to contact successful candidates by email and post within 4 weeks of the deadline.
Documents Required for Application
- Copy of your offer letter for the MSc Global Health and Development programme
- your academic transcripts/certificates, references and CV from your MSc application.
- completed scholarship application form including personal statement.
- evidence of your current employment and income e.g. letter from employer confirming employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has been obtained, the applicant must provide evidence of this in the form of a signed letter from the funding organisation stating the additional sponsorship/scholarship amount in sterling.
Application DeadlineMay 3, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University College London on
Please complete the application form and return by email together with supporting documentation as a single file. Please do not submit individual scanned pages of the application form unless there is a particular page that requires a signature.
Candidates must submit their scholarship application to: [email protected] by 3rd May 2021