The University of Kent, in partnership with the Article 26 Project are able to offer three Article 26 awards for undergraduate entry in 2022/23. These awards are aimed at helping those seeking asylum in the UK to progress to higher education.
About University Of Kent
Kent is a leading academic institution: 97% of our research was judged to be of international quality in the Research Excellence Framework.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University Of Kent scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
The Article 26 Award
Aim and Benefits of The Article 26 Award
Tuition fee waiver
Requirements for The Article 26 Award Qualification
To meet the eligibility criteria of the Award, applicants must:
- Have refugee status, be an asylum seeker or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker; OR an asylum seeker/partner/dependent who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of undergraduate study from the University of Kent, having applied through UCAS (www.ucas.com).
- Be currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of their application.
- Be unable to access mainstream funding, e.g. student finance or a local authority grant.
- Live within commuting distance of the University of Kent (i.e. within the county of Kent).
- Not require support for living expenses or accommodation.
Applicants wishing to study the following subjects at the University of Kent are not eligible to apply for the Article 26 award:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Courses dependent on NHS funding
- Foundation degree programmes
Application DeadlineMay 6, 2022
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above criteria should:
- Make an application to the University of Kent for undergraduate study via UCAS (www.ucas.com)
- Complete an Article 26 Award application form (please contact [email protected] to request a form)
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
The deadline for this scholarship is Friday 6 May 2022. No applications will be accepted after this date.
All enquiries about this Award to be directed to the University of Kent, Head of Student Support and Wellbeing's Office via e-mail: [email protected]
For more details, visit University of Kent website.