The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
The ZUKOnnect Fellowships aim to strengthen the cultural diversity at the Zukunftskolleg and thereby promote and stimulate the intellectual and integrative discourse amongst our fellows. By broadening our academic horizons to countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America, we want to advance intercontinental dialogue in research.
The ZUKOnnect Fellows will team up with Zukunftskolleg Fellows who will assist them with settling into their departments and support them during their entire research stay. Thus, the ZUKOnnect Fellows will be an integral part of the community at the Zukunftskolleg, regardless of the short duration. Zukunftskolleg Fellows likewise will benefit greatly from the intercultural exchange.
About University Of Konstanz
University Of Excellence Konstanz
The University of Konstanz has once again been selected as one of eleven Universities of Excellence or consortia in Germany. It has been successful in all funding lines of both the German Excellence Initiative and the Excellence Strategy since 2007.
The University of Konstanz is a university in the city of Konstanz in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Its main campus was opened on the Gießberg in 1972 after being founded in 1966.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University Of Konstanz scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of ZUKOnnect Fellowships
- A stipend of 1.200€/ month for doctoral students and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines)
- Standard expenses for economy-class travel to Konstanz and back.
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support);
- After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can extend their affiliation with a digital fellowship for additional 6 months.
Obligations for visiting researchers
- You will live in Konstanz or nearby throughout the ZUKOnnect Fellowship (the Welcome Centre of the University of Konstanz will offer support with all organizational aspects of relocating to Konstanz);
- You will actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zukunftskolleg during the weekly Jour Fixe meetings (during semester);
- You will interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz;
- You will give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture;
- You will acknowledge Zukunftskolleg support in any publications resulting from the stay;
- You will write a short report on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing your
Requirements for ZUKOnnect Fellowships Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- You originate and work in a country of Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance),
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Application DeadlineFebruary 15, 2023
How to Apply
Please submit your application documents in English as separate PDF files via our online application portal.
The reference number is 2022/289. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university) (maximum 2 pages)
- Short description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages incl. bibliography)
- A detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research stay
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR a letter from your doctoral supervisor confirming the status of your doctoral thesis)
- One academic letter of reference, on official letterhead paper and signed by the respective reviewer
More information is available online, where you will also find an extensive FAQ document. Further questions can be directed via e-mail: [email protected]. We also offer an online info session on the 1 February 2023 at 13:00 (CET).
We look forward to receiving your application, including all required documents, until 15 February 2023 (15h00 CET).
For more details, visit University of Konstanz website.