The University of Manitoba is the largest university consistently ranked among the top in Canadian Universities. It offers various degree programs and has 27 academic departments f throughout the Bannatyne campus.
Take the next step in your career by joining the International Undergraduate Student Bursary funded by the University of Manitoba for the academic year 2021-2022. The bursary is available to students from all around the globe.
The program aids highly motivated students who have excellent academic standing and demonstrate financial need.
About University of Manitoba
Since 1877, the University of Manitoba has been driving discovery and inspiring minds through innovative teaching and research excellence. Proudly located in the heart of Canada, the U of M has a strong and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors and community partners. With more than 145,000 alumni living in 140 countries, our impact is global.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of Manitoba scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
University of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary
Aim and Benefits of University of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary
- Every winning student will get the amount worth up to $240,000 available annually.
- The award will be divided among eligible candidates according to their needs.
Selections for the bursaries will go out in early December of each year and bursary funds will be applied to Winter Term fees. If Fall and Winter Term fees are paid in full, you may request a refund by contacting Financial Aid and Awards at [email protected] or 204-474-9531 following the Winter Term course revision deadline.
Requirements for University of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary Qualification
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- The offer is open to all nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate course in many subject areas.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Must register for and complete at least 60 percent of a full course load per term.
- Must meet minimum G.P.A. requirements. Continuing students must have a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0. New students (from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply.
Documents Required for Application
General bursary applications for Fall and Winter Terms will be available in the Aurora Student Portal in early August. This application, with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the Financial Aid and Awards office by Oct. 1. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- All undergraduate students must register and complete at least 60 per cent of a full course load over the regular academic session with registration in both the Fall and Winter terms. There are a few bursaries offered for part-time students registered in both Fall and Winter Terms.
- Graduate students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums provided they are registered as full-time students over the Fall and Winter Terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Continuing University of Manitoba students must meet a GPA requirement of a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. New students entering from high school must have a grade 12 average of 70 per cent or higher.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary program.
- Financial need must be clearly documented on the application. Students who have applied for government student aid/loans from other provinces must provide a copy of a current “official” government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need. Please note Manitoba Student Aid recipients do not need to submit a copy of their Notice of Assessment.
Application DeadlineOctober 1, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Manitoba on aurora.umanitoba.ca
The Spring/Summer General Bursary application is now available in the Aurora Student Portal. This application must be submitted by June 1st. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Students applying for the Spring/Summer general bursary program must be registered in a minimum of 6 credit hours between May 1 and August 31.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, must be receiving government student aid (commonly referred to as “student loans”) through their provincial student aid agency for the Spring/Summer Term to be eligible to apply for the University of Manitoba Spring/Summer bursary program. (Please note, applying to the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) COVID-19 emergency benefit is not the same as receiving government student aid for purposes of the University of Manitoba Spring/Summer bursary program.)
- Please note that eligible applicants from any province other than Manitoba must email a complete copy of their final government aid notice of assessment for the spring/summer term to the Financial Aid and Awards office by the bursary application deadline. If this is not submitted, their bursary application will be marked ineligible for funding.
- Manitoba student aid recipients are not required to submit a copy of their assessment as we will receive this information directly from Manitoba Student Aid.
- International students are eligible to apply for the spring/summer bursary program if they have resided in Canada for at least 12 months prior to May 1 of the current year.
For more details, visit University of Manitoba website.