This scholarship was established in 2021 and is maintained by an endowed gift from the Dalio Family Fund, Inc to encourage and support outstanding students in an Approved Program at UQ, through financial support and Membership with the Liveris Academy.
About The University of Queensland
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new The University of Queensland scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Dalio Philanthropies Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Dalio Philanthropies Scholarship
$10,000 per year. You may also receive up to $10,000 for travel support for approved Gap Semester, exchange or internship opportunities.
Requirements for Dalio Philanthropies Scholarship Qualification
You're eligible if you:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- are enrolled or intending to enrol as a full-time student in a UQ undergraduate program in 2023
- are a Commencing Student who achieved a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank of 99.00 (or equivalent); or
- are a Continuing Student who has a minimum GPA of 6.0 (or equivalent); and
- don't hold a similar scholarship.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Dalio Philanthropies Scholarship
- evidence of academic achievement in courses undertaken in Year 12 and/or in an approved program
- quality of the short video and essay
- evidence of personal qualities including:
- leadership potential, community service and/or engagement
- alignment with the graduate attributes of the Liveris Academy
- demonstrated commitment to academic excellence
- demonstrated capacity and willingness to actively participate in, and positively contribute to, co-curricular activities at UQ
- demonstrated strength of interest in undertaking co-curricular developmental activities through the Liveris Academy
- any other matter the selection committee considers relevant to your future success at UQ and in your subsequent career.
Application DeadlineNovember 20, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to The University of Queensland on studenthub.uq.edu.au
- a cover letter
- your resume
- a copy of your semester 2 Year 11 report and your semester 1 Year 12 report (or equivalent) or most recent university transcript if you are a current student
You'll also be asked to prepare a short video that's no longer than 1 minute, and to respond to a few short answer questions to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria for this scholarship.
For more details, visit University of Queensland website