The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to International Development. One of the themes of the University’s strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, locally and abroad’.
About University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield developed from three local institutions: the Sheffield School of Medicine, Firth College and the Sheffield Technical School. The School of Medicine, founded 1828, was by far the oldest. Its early history was very insecure and it was saved from collapse by the opening of Firth College, which took over the teaching of all basic science subjects to medical students.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of Sheffield scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Allan & Nesta Ferguson Masters Scholarships
Aim and Benefits of Allan & Nesta Ferguson Masters Scholarships
These are scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
Requirements for Allan & Nesta Ferguson Masters Scholarships Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2022. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2022.
Application DeadlineMay 6, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Sheffield on www.sheffield.ac.uk
- You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories.
- Your course application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process.
- Please use our postgraduate online application system to submit your application for an eligible course.
For more details, visit University of Sheffield website.