The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
About University of Toronto
Founded in 1827, the University of Toronto has evolved into Canada’s leading institution of learning, discovery and knowledge creation. We are proud to be one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, driven to invent and innovate.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of Toronto scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program
Aim and Benefits of Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support.
Requirements for Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program Qualification
An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program.
An eligible candidate is:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2021 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
Application DeadlineJanuary 27, 2022
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
For more details, visit University of Toronto website.
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2021
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 15, 2021 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2021 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 17, 2022