The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
About University of Toronto
Founded in 1827, the University of Toronto has evolved into Canada’s leading institution of learning, discovery and knowledge creation. We are proud to be one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, driven to invent and innovate.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of Toronto scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Lester B. Pearso International Scholarship Program
Aim and Benefits of Lester B. Pearso International Scholarship Program
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
- The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
Requirements for Lester B. Pearso International Scholarship Program Qualification
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2022
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
Documents Required for Application
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2022
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2022 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2022 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 16, 2023
Application DeadlineJanuary 16, 2022
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.(external link))(external link)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in 2023 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application
For more details,visit UT website