Find out more about and apply for the York Global Widening Participation Scholarship. Applications are open until 17 February 2023, 11.59pm GMT.
About University of York
A member of the prestigious Russell Group, we are a dynamic, research-intensive university.
We work collaboratively in partnership with institutions across the world to develop life-saving discoveries and new technologies that tackle some of the most pressing global challenges.
Our 30+ academic departments undertake groundbreaking research that underpins our inspiring teaching and challenges students to dream big, think critically and change the world.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of York scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
York Global Widening Participation Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of York Global Widening Participation Scholarship
The York Global Widening Participation Scholarship covers the following:
- Programme fee (£3,497)
- Travel costs (according to the University’s travel and expenses policy)
- Passport and visa costs (up to £300)
- £100 spending money
Requirements for York Global Widening Participation Scholarship Qualification
Three full scholarships are available for secondary/high school students from Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa and Ukraine.
You qualify to apply for this scholarship if:
- You are currently in secondary education
- You hold a citizenship from any country in Latin America or Sub-Saharan Africa or from Ukraine
- You meet our minimum recommended level of English language skills, ie CEFR B2, IELTS 5, TOEFL 44+ or Duolingo 75+ (no need for a language exam)
- You can prove your academic motivation
- Your family’s financial situation would not enable you to participate in the programme without this scholarship
- This would be your first study abroad experience.
You are more likely to get the scholarship if:
- Neither of your parents attended university (or they went to university as a mature student during your secondary education)
- You are estranged from your family
- You are from a military family (while you have been in education, your parent(s) have served in the military)
- You have a disability or long term health condition*
- You identify as LGBTQI+
- You belong to an ethnic minority group in your country.
*Due to the study abroad nature of the programme, you must be able to travel independently.
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
Application DeadlineFebruary 17, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of York on uni-york.formstack.com
For more details, visit University of York website.