Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
We have multiple Video Editing internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the New York City area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This could include, but is not limited to:
• Motion Design
• Studios Edit
• Sports Edit
• Creative Services
• Video Editor
• Marketing (short form edit)
Duties could include:
• Collaborate with team members in creative brainstorms and pitch new video concepts
• Assist editors and producers as the campaign is developed and executed
• AVID editing, or equivalent, logging and screening shows for various campaigns
• Responsible for QC (quality control), versioning and delivering final approved promo edits into various specs for different digital platforms
• Assist the team on creating key A/V Assets like Teasers, Trailers, Featurettes and Promos
• Assist in asset management and content selection of new and library titles for incoming projects with video editors and motion graphic designers
Our Company Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company, offering audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world’s best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers.? WBD is bringing together the scripted and the unscripted, the local ... read more
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
• Essentials needed for the positions that are similar across the above roles (these do not all have to apply to every single role)
• Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
• Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
• Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Superior organization and communication skills
• Ability to work on a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of industry standard video edit tools (ex: After Effects, Avid, Premiere Pro, etc)
• Experience in production, audio mixing, music research, or marketing a bonus
• Highly preferred to have a reel linked on your resume to showcase recent video editing work
And finally, what to know before applying:
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $19 per hour USD for undergrad interns, $23 per hour USD for graduate level interns.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
For more details visit: WBD website.