Africa Innovation Fellowship, powered by WomEng and the Royal Academy of Engineering’s Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation is a nine-month leadership and business development opportunity for female African innovators with an early stage engineering innovation or startup. The Africa Innovation Fellowship aims to develop the talent pipeline for future cohorts of the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation.
Africa Innovation Fellowship (AIF) kicks off in November 2021 with virtual sessions focused on idea and business incubation, leadership development and networking. Followed by five months of personalised virtual support with regular check-ins and milestones, ending in April 2022.
Fellowship candidates who apply and are subsequently shortlisted for the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation will receive additional individual coaching and mentoring to support them in getting pitch ready.
Apply now for this unique opportunity to take your innovation to the next level.
WomHub is a boutique pan-African incubator for female-founders in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Manufacturing). At WomHub, we design and implement programmes for our clients which provide a holistic offering of business services tailored for female founders. This includes our co-working space (launching September 2020), pipeline sourcing, incubator programmes (in-person and virtual), learning & development and investor readiness.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new WomHub scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Africa Innovation Fellowship
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- State of Origin
- Application Deadline
October 15, 2021
Aim and Benefits of Africa Innovation Fellowship
- Development of your business through personal growth and increased commercial insights.
- Exposure to investors in the African landscape.
- Interaction with fellow innovators across Africa.
- Access to one-on-one mentorship and venture clinics with subject matter experts.
Requirements for Africa Innovation Fellowship Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Applicants must identify as women and serve as founders or co-founders.
- Individual applicants must be citizens of a country within sub-Saharan Africa*. The main applicant must be a citizen of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The innovation must be based in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must have a Science, Technology, Engineering or Manufacturing (STEM) innovation, though are not required to be an engineering graduate or student themselves.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit.
- The applicant’s innovation can be any new product, technology, or service, based in STEM.
- Applicants should have an early-stage engineering innovation and/or startup.
- Applicants must be able to commit for the six month-long programme commencing in November 2021 to April 2022.
Application DeadlineOctober 15, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to WomHub on docs.google.com
For more details, visit WomHub website.