The WTO has issued a call for young economists to submit papers for the 2021 WTO Essay Award.
The award aims to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade co-operation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
About World Trade Organisation (WTO)
The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments. The goal is to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible. The WTO has many roles: it operates a global system of trade rules, it acts as a forum for negotiating trade agreements, it settles trade disputes between its members and it supports the needs of developing countries. All major decis...&nb... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new World Trade Organisation (WTO) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
WTO Essay Award
Aim and Benefits of WTO Essay Award
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors.
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group, the largest conference specializing in international trade, which will take place in September 2020 in Bern, Switzerland.
- The winning author(s) will receive funding to attend the meeting.
Requirements for WTO Essay Award Qualification
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade co-operation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defence.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors. To be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
Documents Required for Application
Submissions should include as separate attachments in PDF format:
- the essay
- the CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the PhD, (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).
Application DeadlineJune 7, 2021
How to Apply
All submissions should be sent to [email protected].
For more details, visit WTO website.