Applications are welcomed from qualified play writers all over the world for the Yale University Drama Series Playwriting Competition 2022 where the winning play will be selected by the series’ current judge, Paula Vogel.
The Drama series seeks to recognize and award playwriters who are passionate about advancing their professional career.
About Yale University
Yale Young Global Scholars is an unparalleled academic and leadership program at Yale University, founded on the tenets of liberal arts, renowned for its diverse and inclusive community, and committed to increasing education access.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Yale University scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Drama Series Playwriting Competition
- OrganisationYale University
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- State of Origin
Men and Women
- Application Deadline
August 15, 2021
Aim and Benefits of Drama Series Playwriting Competition
The Drama Series winner will be awarded the David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000 USD
Requirements for Drama Series Playwriting Competition Qualification
To be considered for the Yale University Drama Series Playwriting Competition, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- Contest is restricted to plays that are written in the English language. Applicants from around the globe are encouraged to apply.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays, with a minimum of 65 pages. Plays with less than 65 pages will not be considered. Translations, musicals, and children’s plays are not accepted.
- The Drama Series is intended to support emerging playwrights.
- Playwrights may submit only one manuscript per year. Only manuscripts authored by one playwright are eligible.
- Plays that have been professionally produced or published are not eligible. Plays that have had a workshop, reading, or non-professional production or that have been published as an actor’s edition will be considered.
- Plays may not be under option, commissioned, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
- Plays must be typed/word-processed and page-numbered.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right of the judge to not choose a winner for any given year of the competition and reserves the right to determine the ineligibility of a winner, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, and based upon the accomplishments of the author.
Application DeadlineAugust 15, 2021
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Yale University Drama Series Playwriting Competition 2022 are strongly urged to submit their script online. However, if electronic submission is impossible, then hard copies can be sent to Yale Drama Series, P.O.Box 209040, New Haven, CT 06520-9040.
For more detaills, visit Yale University website.