Khalifa University of Science and Technology offers the following scholarships to support qualified international students enrolled in postgraduate programs. The University reserves the right to make changes to the published scholarship benefits and conditions without prior notice.
Khalifa University of Science and Technology offers its graduate students comprehensive scholarships that cover necessary educational expenses. Scholarship eligibility is assessed as part of the admission process and applicants are not required to submit a separate scholarship application.
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University (also known as Khalifa University of Science, Technology & Research, or KUSTAR) is a science-focused university located in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates with a satellite campus in Sharjah. In 2016 it was ranked as the 481st best university in the world by QS rankings.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Khalifa scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of Masters Scholarships
Depending on the Tier of scholarships awarded to successful applicants, the following are the benefits of the Khalifa University Scholarship:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Textbooks provided by the University.
- Medical insurance coverage for full-time international students sponsored by Khalifa University.
- Mobilization and demobilization flights (between home country and Abu Dhabi) for full-time overseas international students, subject to approval.
- Coverage of UAE visa application fees for full-time international students.
Requirements for Masters Scholarships Qualification
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in a UK-style degree, from a reputable accredited institution).
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for admission to all Master of Science programs. Applicants must attempt all three sections of the GRE.
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form).
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words).
- A minimum level of English proficiency in the form of either:
- iBT TOEFL (internet-based test) score of 91 or equivalent, or
- Overall academic IELTS score of 6.5, or
- 1550 EmSAT English score
Documents Required for Application
Candidates should scan in a clear and legible form and be upload the following documents online:
- Certified copy of Bachelor’s degree certificate (as applicable)
- Equivalency certificate issued by the UAE Ministry of Education for applicants that have graduated from institutions outside of the UAE. To apply for your Equivalency Certificate, visit the UAE Ministry of Education Equivalency Certificate page and start the process as soon as possible as it is a lengthy process.
- Official school transcript showing the grading scale.
- English language proficiency score certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, or EmSAT).
- Official TOEFL score reports can be sent directly by your institution to Khalifa University of Science and Technology using the institutional TOEFL code 0960.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report. Official score reports can be sent directly to Khalifa University of Science and Technology using the institutional GRE code 0822.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Statement of Purpose (500 to 1,000 words).
- Passport-style photograph on a white background.
- Copy of valid passport. International applicants who reside in the UAE should also upload a clear copy of their valid UAE visa.
- Copy of Family Book (Khulasat Al Qaid). This is required for UAE National applicants only.
- Valid UAE national ID card (for national and international applicants currently residing in the UAE).
- Statement of Purpose (500-1,000 words).
- Research Statement (500 to 1,000 words). This is for PhD applicants only.
Application DeadlineApril 30, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Khalifa University on pgapply.ku.ac.ae
For more details, visit Khalifa University websitePhD Scholarships scholarship by