The Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS) at the University of Ghana (UG) is accepting applications for the award of the 2022-2023 German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarships to pursue Master of Arts (MA) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in Population Studies.
About University of Ghana
The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948 for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
As a University poised to distinguish itself in the area of research to make an impact at the national and international level, the University has launched a new Strategic Plan. http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan
This new strategic plan (2014-2024) is intended to consolidate the gains made from the review of the ... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of PhD Scholarships
The DAAD scholarship will cover tuition, stipends and accommodation for four-year Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) students.
Requirements for PhD Scholarships Qualification
- Applicants must have successfully completed a Master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 to qualify for the PhD programme.
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Sahara African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate Considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector
Documents Required for Application
Documents to be submitted to RIPS:
- Graduate and Undergraduate Certificates
- Graduate and Undergraduate Transcripts
- One-page motivation statement
- Research proposal (this must include a research background, proposed research objective(s)/question(s) and methods sections) (3-page maximum, 1.5 line spaced minimum)
- Master’s degree obtained with a Master’s dissertation/thesis written in English (if applying as national or permanent resident of Francophone/Lusophone country)
- TOEFL score (70 and above) or IELTS score (6.0 and above) not more than two years at the time of application (if applying as national or permanent resident of Francophone/Lusophone country)
‘Email the filled application form with scanned copies of required documents to
[email protected] or [email protected]
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially
encouraged to participate in the programme. Women and people working in population-related
sectors are encouraged to apply.
Application DeadlineFebruary 17, 2022
How to Apply
For more details, visit University of Ghana website.
Application Closing Date at University of Ghana: 14th January 2022Masters Scholarships scholarship by
Application Closing Date for DAAD-application: 17th February 2022