The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. The Fund hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerians to apply for the 2021/22 Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships for students in Nigerian Federal Universities.
About Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
PTDF was created with the commitment focused on development, promotion and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower development through research and training of Nigerians as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the fields of engineering, geology, geosciences, management, economics and relevant fields in the petroleum and solid minerals industry in Nigeria or abroad. The overseas scholarship scheme part of PTDF is an annual programme for MSc and PhD studies. It is aimed at providing Nigerian students with the intellectual foundation and skill-sets that will enable .... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Petroleum Technology Development Fund scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship
Scholarship is fully funded.
Requirements for PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Applicants must be full time students in any of the Federal Universities listed.
- Applicants must be in their second year of study.
- Course of study should be related to oil and gas industry as advertised.
- Students must have been admitted into the University in 2018/19 academic year only.
- Possess 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
- Possess a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on scale of 5 or 3.0 on a scale of 4 which is equivalent to 2.1 in the first year for the 2018/19 batch of students
- Applicants should provide their transcripts for the first year of study (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
Documents Required for Application
- Evidence of statement of WAEC/SSCE/NECO results with at least 5 credits, including English Language and Mathematics (not more than 2 sittings and the first sitting result must be uploaded).
- Letter of admission into the University
- First year academic transcript(s) duly signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff.
- Certificate of indigene-ship (evidence of state of origin and local government)
- Personal statement of a minimum of 1000 words stating reasons for undertaking the course of study.
Application DeadlineAugust 13, 2021
How to Apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on organisation website.
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same or lower category of degree.
- Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply.
- Application is restricted to Federal Universities and for specific courses only.
- Possession of valid admission letter into the University is mandatory for all applicants.
- Postgraduate applicant’s admission letter should be within a validity
For more details,visit PTDF websitePhD scholarship by