The ACT Foundation’s Changemakers Innovation Challenge 2020 is now open for entries. The challenge aims to support small nonprofits/ social enterprises who are using technology and digital tools to create innovative social offerings with funding and technical support to enable them to scale up impact within the community where they presently work and beyond.
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is conceived by ACT Foundation as a response to the impressive work of community nonprofits/ social enterprises in Africa who are leveraging technology to create social change in hard to reach communities. Research shows that most nonprofits using technology/ digital tools to drive projects and build communities are coming ahead in the world and also creating lasting impact.
- Health + Technology
- Environment + Technology
- Entrepreneurship + Technology
- Leadership + Technology
About Aspire Coronation Trust Foundation (ACT)
Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a grant making nonprofit organization established in 2016 to support local, national and regional non – profit organizations working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the African Continent. We seek to promote broad based participation/partnership with other institution and/or donor organizations aimed at building sustainable communities and to provide innovative solutions to social, economic and environmental challenges. ACT Foundation is known for Facilitating learning and growth across the social enterpris...&nb... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Aspire Coronation Trust Foundation (ACT) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
ACT Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge
Aim and Benefits of ACT Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge
- Funding support of $15,000,000 will be given to the top three winners and the People Choice’s winner.
- The Award grant will be given towards scaling of the innovative solutions across different communities.
Requirements for ACT Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is open to only nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa. For social enterprises, the innovative solution submitted must not be towards for-profit ventures. (It must be fully towards social good)
- Organizations must submit social solutions within the Foundation’s key focus areas, namely; Health, Entrepreneurship, Environment, and Leadership.
- Nonprofits or social enterprises must be registered with the government agency in charge of organizations’ registry in their respective countries.
- All submissions must be innovative solutions that use technology/digital systems as major tools for the community impact. Show evidence of claim through the provision of weblinks and other online presence.
- Organizations must have been in existence for at least two years.
- All submitted social solutions must be at the growth stage and must have been tested/implemented and have direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim through pictures, news releases, etc. must be documented and shared during the application.
- Submitted innovations must have been implemented within the past two years. Pilot innovations will not be accepted.
Interview date, Process and Venue for ACT Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge
Winners will be announced and awarded at the annual ACT Foundation Breakfast Dialogue holding on Friday, 30th September. For more details, visit www.actrustfoundation.org
Application DeadlineSeptember 7, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Aspire Coronation Trust Foundation (ACT) on forms.bioregistra.ng
- Only one entry will be accepted per organization. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
- All entries for this challenge must be in English.
- No entry fee, purchase, or payment of any kind is required.
For more details, visit ACT foundation website