World’s leading green energy awards, seeks to reward innovative enterprises and programmes that deliver, or play a key part in enabling the delivery of sustainable energy systems and through this bring social, economic and environmental benefits.
This year, the Awards will help power up inclusive innovation creating a fairer low carbon world – tackling inequality and empowering communities on the frontline of the climate crisis through jobs, skills and training. Ashden winners come in all shapes and sizes. We don’t reward the biggest organisations or slickest marketing pitches – we’re looking for passion, potential and commitment to our values. We’ve put winners on stage at the COP climate talks and in global media.
Ashden's mission is to accelerate transformative climate solutions and build a more just world. Our awards, events, networks and analysis support climate innovation in the UK and developing countries around the world.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Ashden scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of Ashden Awards
- The winners will receive prize funds of £20,000 each
- As well as this cash fund, winning an Ashden Award brings many other benefits, such as:
- Local, national and international publicity, through the work of our specialist media team.
- Support to grow or replicate your work: this can include professional mentoring, training and introductions to investment and other finance providers.
- Opportunities to present your work to large and influential audiences at the Ashden Awards Ceremony, International Conference and other Ashden events.
- Membership of the Ashden Alumni network of Ashden Award-winners, which facilitates opportunities to create productive partnerships and learning.
- The acclaim of winning a prestigious Ashden Award. Our application and assessment process is known for being rigorous.
Requirements for Ashden Awards Qualification
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Businesses, NGOs, social enterprises and government organisations are all eligible.
- The work must be delivered in at least one of the UN’s developing regions of Africa, Caribbean, Central America, South America, Asia (excluding Japan) and Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand) and can be in rural or urban areas. High-income countries in these regions, as defined by the World Bank, are not eligible to apply
Application DeadlineMarch 8, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Ashden on sfct.powerappsportals.com
For more detaiols, visit Ashden website.