The Erasmus Mundus Master’s in Journalism, Media and Globalisation welcomes applications from graduate students around the world. You can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship, or as a self-funded student.
As the Mundus Journalism programme is selected by the EU to receive Mundus scholarships (€34.000/€47.000) for EU/non-EU nationals respectively), the Mundus Journalism Consortium is able to offer a number of scholarships for the programmes running in 2021-2023. All Mundus Journalism students, who do not receive an Erasmus Mundus scholarship, can apply for an Erasmus+ stipend for the second year of the Mundus Journalism studies.
About Erasmus Mundus
The European Union's Erasmus Mundus programme aims to enhance quality in higher education through scholarships and academic co-operation between the EU and the rest of the world. The three main objectives of the programme are linked to the internationalisation of students, staff, curricula and research; ensure an influence on the development of practice in SEN and inclusive education; and to develop international collaborative networks, projects and research Erasmus Mundus supports Joint Programmes (Masters Courses and Joint Doctorates) that are operated by consortia of higher education in... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Erasmus Mundus scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Scholarships in Journalism, Media and Globalization
Aim and Benefits of Scholarships in Journalism, Media and Globalization
- Category A scholarships (for international students) are expected to be worth €47,000.
- Category B scholarships (for European students) are expected to be worth €34,000.
Requirements for Scholarships in Journalism, Media and Globalization Qualification
- Students fulfilling the eligibility criteria for both Category A and B (students with a double nationality) must select the Category of their choice. As a result, they are only entitled to apply to one of the two categories of scholarships.
- Students must have obtained a first higher education degree before the course start of the Mundus Journalism
- Individuals who have already benefited from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for a Master’s programme are not eligible for a second scholarship for another Erasmus Mundus Master’s programme
- Students benefiting from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship cannot benefit from another European Commission grant while pursuing their Erasmus Mundus Master’s studies.
Selection Criteria: During the admission process, all applications are assessed and graded in each of the categories below:
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- Academic background The applicant’s academic ability, previous academic record and academic references.
- Journalism experience Based on the applicant’s examples of journalistic work and references.
- Motivation Based on the applicant’s personal statement – strong, clear statement that demonstrates the applicant’s motivation, commitment and relevant skills.
- Life experience Based on the applicant’s personal statement, CV and reference letters – cultural awareness, organisational skills, language ability, international experience, etc.
- Language skills In addition, applicants are expected to have a minimum Academic IELTS band score of 7.0 if they are not native English speakers (we only accept IELTS tests). Applicants who want to study at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chili are expected to submit a certified copy of their DELE results or other documentation of their Spanish skills if they are not native Spanish speakers.
Application DeadlineJanuary 10, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Erasmus Mundus on mundusjournalism.com
When you are ready to submit your application package, please fill out the Online Registration and attach the PDF file. When you have submitted your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email.
Please note that both the application form and ALL supporting documents must be sent in before the deadline – 10 January: otherwise your application cannot be considered.
For more details, visit EMJ website