The application for the Kim Wall Memorial Fund is now open.
The IWMF’s Kim Wall Memorial Fund will provide grants to journalists whose work embodies the spirit of Kim’s reporting.
The grant will fund women or non-binary reporters covering subculture, broadly defined, and what Kim liked to call “the undercurrents of rebellion.” Kim wanted more women to be out in the world, brushing up against life, and the Kim Wall Memorial Fund honors this legacy.
About International Women's Media Foundation (IWMF)
The IWMF works to unleash the power of female journalists to transform the global news media. Our fellows and grantees — both freelance and staff journalists — become experts in reporting in underserved regions, generate must-read stories, align with top outlets, and bring critical issues affecting women and others to light. We are the only organization that provides safety training, byline opportunities, and emergency support tailored to female journalists and photographers around the world. We also recognize badass female journalists and photographers whose courage sets them a...... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new International Women's Media Foundation (IWMF) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Kim Wall Memorial Fund
Aim and Benefits of Kim Wall Memorial Fund
The IWMF's Kim Wall Memorial Fund will provide $5,000 grants to journalists whose work embodies the spirit of Kim’s reporting. The grant will fund women or non-binary reporters covering subculture, broadly defined, and what Kim liked to call “the undercurrents of rebellion.” Kim wanted more women to be out in the world, brushing up against life, and the Kim Wall Memorial Fund honors this legacy.
Kim Wall Memorial Fund Courses
Requirements for Kim Wall Memorial Fund Qualification
All applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- Affiliated or freelance women or nonbinary journalists with one (1) or more years of professional experience working in news media from anywhere in the world. Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program. However, reporting may be published in any language.
- Applicants must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
- Grants will be awarded to cover reporting-related costs including travel, logistics, insurance, visa fees, professional stipends and payments for producers, translators, etc. The IWMF does not cover the cost of equipment purchase or rental and cannot support academic research or research for academic publication.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Kim Wall Memorial Fund
- The IWMF is accepting applications from November 15 to December 15, 2022, at 11:59 PM EST via Submittable.
- The IWMF cannot consider time-sensitive proposals.
- Applications will be reviewed in January and February 2023, and applicants will receive a response no later than the end of February 2023.
- Grantees will be publicly announced on Kim’s birthday, March 23.
Application DeadlineDecember 15, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to International Women's Media Foundation (IWMF) on iwmf.submittable.com
For more details,visit IWMF website