The SDGs Global Leader Program aims to capacitate young or mid-career human resources who are contributing towards addressing challenges faced in various fields through strengthening the collaboration between Africa and Japan, and through the implementation of political strategic decision-making and implementation.
About Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
The Japan International Cooperation Agency is a governmental agency that coordinates Official Development Assistance for the government of Japan. It is chartered with assisting economic and social growth in developing countries, and the promotion of international cooperation
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
ABE Initiative SDGs Global Leader Scholarship Program
Aim and Benefits of ABE Initiative SDGs Global Leader Scholarship Program
- Prospective applicants should ideally be middle-management government officials or academics who wish to be involved in policy formulation, political and development issues, and who are passionate about making a difference in public policy administration and economics.
- Furthermore, participants of the programme may wish to participate in “Additional Programmes” which allow for participation to networking fairs with Japanese enterprises and internship opportunities. Participants are also encouraged to participate in the Japan Development Studies Programme (JICA-DSP), which provides knowledge on Japan’s modernisation, World War II, and development experiences.
Requirements for ABE Initiative SDGs Global Leader Scholarship Program Qualification
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- Be less than 40 (before 1 April 2021)
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree (B-Tech included) with honours or equivalent to NQF8 and average of 65% in academic transcripts for Master’s Degree
- Must hold Master degree (NQF9) and minimum average of 65% in academic transcripts for Doctor’s Degree
- Have more than six months working experience in the current organization
- Must obtain permission to apply and secure reinstatement from the current organization
- Must have adequate English skills in both written and oral communication
Application DeadlineOctober 9, 2020
How to Apply
For more details, visit JICA website.