The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
P.E.O. was founded on January 21, 1869, by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. This circle of kindred spirits – bonded by their enthusiasm for women's opportunities – eventually expanded to include women off campus as well. Through membership, the P.E.O. Sisterhood has brought together more than a half a million women in the United States and Canada who are passionate about helping women advance through education, while supporting and motivating them. Friendship is the cornerstone of P.E.O. – it is the legacy left by our Founders and it thrive... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new P.E.O. scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
PEO International Peace Scholarship
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- State of Origin
- Application Deadline
September 15, 2022
Aim and Benefits of PEO International Peace Scholarship
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
Requirements for PEO International Peace Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for PEO International Peace Scholarship for International Women Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to women from outside the United States and Canada who are seeking advanced degrees from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada with the expectation that students will return to their home countries to utilize their education to make a positive impact and foster global peace.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework
Application DeadlineSeptember 15, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to P.E.O. on www.peointernational.org
Information concerning the International Peace Scholarship program is available from P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund, P.E.O. Executive Office, 3700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50312-2899 or by visiting www.peointernational.org.
For more details, visit PEO website.