Enterprise Fellowships is a 12-month accelerator programme for creative and entrepreneurial engineers who have an impactful innovation ready to commercialise at the seed or pre-seed stage. Over the course of the year, we will equip you with the confidence, skills, experience and networks you need to bring your engineering product to market.
About Royal Academy of Engineering
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Royal Academy of Engineering scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of Enterprise Fellowships
What we offer works – we have provided £9.2 million in grant funding to upskill over 150 Enterprise Fellows, who have gone on to create companies valued over £550 million. As a charity, we don’t take any equity, all we ask in return is your passion and determination to become part of the next generation of entrepreneurs.
You will receive:
- Up to £75,000 equity-free startup funding grant,
- Expert business mentoring and coaching,
- 15 days of business training,
- Subscription to our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit,
- Access to our community of Hub Members, Academy Fellows, investors, industry experts and partners,
- Flexible working space at the Taylor Centre, our physical hub,
- Hub membership for life.
Requirements for Enterprise Fellowships Qualification
Broadly speaking, we support:
- Researchers wishing to spinout a company from a university
- Recent graduates seeking to found a startup
- International PhD students (already based in the UK) wanting to spinout or startup
You meet our key eligibility criteria if:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- The Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your solution is 4 or above
- Equity investment in your business is less than 500,000 GBP
- Your innovation is protectable and you own or co-own the IP
- Within the founding team, you own the highest equity stake in the company
- You are, or have the ambition to be, the CEO or COO of the business
- For startups: you are not a student or otherwise employed during our programme
- In addition for startups: you have completed your very first university degree by 1 July 2017
- For spinouts: you are currently employed by the university
- If relevant, your PhD viva will be held no later than 30 November 2022
Application DeadlineSeptember 5, 2022
How to Apply
For more details, visit the website.