The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
About The Gate Scholarship
The Gates Scholarship will fund 300 students per year, starting with 2018, totaling 3,000 students over the life of the program. With the launch of this program in 2017, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation continues its long-standing commitment to helping outstanding minority students who come from low-income backgrounds realize their maximum potential. This prestigious scholarship program is based on evidence that by eliminating the financial barriers to college, a last-dollar scholarship can enable high-potential, low-income minority students to excel in their course work, gradua...... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new The Gate Scholarship scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of TGS Scholarships
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
*Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Requirements for TGS Scholarships Qualification
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
Application DeadlineSeptember 15, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to The Gate Scholarship on www.thegatesscholarship.org
For more details, visit TGS website.